Create a beautiful 3 tier wedding cake with textured stone effect, sugar flowers and foliage and textured wafer paper ruffles, at this intensive 2 day class.
You will work with dummy cakes and learn how to:
- Create a textured stone effect
- Cover an extended height tier and learn how to enhance the stone effect with edible dusts and silver leaf.
- Create bas relief moulding and apply to the cake.
- Work with wafer paper to create textured ruffles.
- Make a peony rose, a classic rose, sweet peas, filler flowers, foliage and twigs. Dust, tape and assemble the flowers and foliage and learn how to arrange them on the cake.
- Learn about dowelling and stacking.
- Lots of professional tips for working with wedding cakes, including delivery and set-up.
- Finally you will take home your beautifully decorated cake to impress your clients and use as a display cake.
The class will have a maximum of 4 students, which ensures lots of individual attention and plenty of opportunity to ask questions. This is an intensive class and some previous experience of cake decorating/sugarcraft is helpful.
The class includes everything you will need, including apron, equipment and materials and a box to take your cake home in.
A light lunch is included and refreshments are available throughout the day.
Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th March 2023
9.30 am to 5.30 pm each day.
Payment: £150 deposit and then 2 monthly payments of £150, for which you will be invoiced at the end of January and end of February 2023. Full payment to have been made prior to the course.
The class is held in our lovely studio in Whaley Bridge in the beautiful Derbyshire Peak district. We are 2 minutes from Whaley Bridge railway station and 45 minutes from Manchester Airport. There’s lot of accommodation available locally, should you wish to stay overnight or combine with a short break in the Peak District. We are happy to provide advice on accommodation and transfers.
*Please note that classes are non-refundable. Please see Terms and Conditions for our Cancellation Policy.