Wedding Cake Master Class – 29/30th September 2018
This is an intensive 2 day class where you will learn how to prepare, cover, stack and decorate a 3-tier wedding cake to achieve a professional finish, under the personal guidance of Linda.
You will work with dummy cakes and learn how to:
- Cover an 8″ dummy cake with sugarpaste to achieve a smooth professional finish and our signature sharp edges.
- Mount the cake on an iced board
- Learn about dowelling and stacking.
- Make crackled wood effect panels and use lustres and dusts to enhance the effect, then apply to the middle tier.
- Make sugar ruffles and attach to the bottom tier.
- Lustre the top tier.
- Make a wired David Austen style rose, eucalyptus and berries and attach to the cake.
- Lots of professional tips for working with wedding cakes, including delivery and set-up.
- Finally you will take home a beautifully decorated cake to impress your friends and family and use as a display cake.
The class will have a maximum of 4 students, which ensures lots of individual attention and plenty of opportunity to ask questions. This is an intensive class and some previous experience of cake decorating/sugarcraft is required.
The class includes everything you will need, including apron, equipment and materials and a box to take your cake home in.
Refreshments are available throughout the day, but please bring a packed lunch.
Course Dates Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th of September
2 Spaces AvailableShare this look with your friends ...