Create a beautiful 3 tier wedding cake with textured stone effect, sugar flowers, foliage and ruffles, at this intensive 2 day class.
You will work with dummy cakes and learn how to:
- make a textured stone effect from sugarpaste and use dusts to enhance the effect.
- cover a deep tier
- apply bas relief
- make a selection of wired sugar flowers including a peony rose, small rose, sweet peas, filler flowers and foliage. Dust, tape and assemble the flowers and learn how to arrange them on the cake.
- create pretty textured sugar ruffles.
- use edible silver leaf to highlight areas.
- Learn about dowelling and stacking.
- Lots of professional tips for working with wedding cakes, including delivery and set-up.
- Finally you will take home a beautifully decorated cake to impress your friends and family and use as a display cake.
The class will have a maximum of 4 students, which ensures lots of individual attention and plenty of opportunity to ask questions. This is an intensive class and some previous experience of cake decorating/sugarcraft is required.
The class includes everything you will need, including apron, equipment and materials and a box to take your cake home in.
Refreshments are available throughout the day, but please bring a packed lunch.
Course Dates Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th February 2019
9.30 am to 5.30 pm each day.
*Please note that classes are non-refundable and non transferable. Please see Terms and Conditions for our Cancellation Policy.