Cake Foundations – Ganache and Sharp Edges – 20th May 2023
Do you want to learn how to get those perfect sharp edges and flawless finish on your cakes? This full day class will give you the foundations to be able to decorate beautiful cakes. It’s a hands on class where Linda will teach you how to prepare, ganache and cover a real cake to achieve a professional finish.
You will learn how to:
- Make chocolate ganache using the correct ratios
- Level, fill and ganache a 6” sponge cake
- Cover the cake with sugarpaste to achieve a smooth professional finish and the much sought after sharp edges
- Cover and crimp a cake drum and mount the cake on the drum
- Apply ribbon
- Lots of hints and tips
- If there is time we’ll also add some simple decoration to the cake.
- Finally you will take home your beautifully cake to impress your friends and family.
The class includes everything you will need, including apron, equipment and materials and a box to take your cake home in.
A light lunch is provided and refreshments are available throughout the day.
Suitable for beginners or more experienced cakemakers wishing to improve their skills.
The class will have a maximum of 4 students to ensure lots of individual attention and plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday 20th May 2023
Payment: £85 deposit and then final balance of £85, for which you will be invoiced on 20th April. Full payment must be made prior to the class. If you wish to pay in full at time of booking, please contact us.
Sold OutShare this look with your friends ...