We offer cake decorating classes for all abilities under the personal supervision of Linda. There is a maximum of 6 students at any class so you are assured of individual attention with lots of opportunity to ask questions. Classes are friendly and informal. We’ll put the kettle on and provide everything you need for the class. All you need to bring is enthusiasm.
Classes are held in our lovely studio in Whaley Bridge in the beautiful Derbyshire Peak District, easily accessible from Stockport, Buxton, Macclesfield, Manchester and further afield. We are 2 minutes from Whaley Bridge railway station and 45 minutes from Manchester Airport. There is lots of accommodation available locally should you wish to stay overnight or combine a class with a short break in the Peak District. We are happy to provide advice on accommodation and transfers.
We also offer private tuition on a 1:1 or small group basis, tailored to your requirements. For further information, please contact us.
Wired Flower Posy –
- Learn how to make a beautiful sugarcraft wired flower posy.
- Make wired roses, berries, leaves and filler flowers and learn how to assemble them into a posy suitable for application onto a cake.
Everything you need to create the flowerposy is provided, including an apron and a box to take home your creation.
Refreshments are available throughout the day but please bring a light lunch.
10 am to 4.30 pm
Date to be announced
2 Tier Cake with Sharp Edges 7th July 2019
This is a hands on class where you will learn how to prepare, cover, stack and decorate a 2-tier cake to achieve a professional finish, under the personal guidance of Linda.
You will learn how to:
- Level, fill and ganache a 6” sponge cake
- Cover the cake with sugarpaste to achieve a smooth professional finish and the much sought after sharp edges
- Mount the cake on the iced board
- Dowel and stack the cake, using a pre-covered dummy cake for the top tier
- Apply ribbon
- Make ruffle flowers and attach to your cake
- Finally you will take home a beautifully decorated cake to impress your friends and family.
The class includes everything you will need, including apron, equipment and materials and a box to take your cake home in.
Refreshments are available throughout the day, but please bring a packed lunch.
9.30 am to 5 pm
7th July 2019